Empathy, affection, and sociability enhancement
Empathy, affection, and sociability enhancement can be described as the experience of a perspective which is dominated by intense feelings of compassion, talkativeness, and happiness. The experience of this effect creates a wide range of subjective changes to a person's perception of their feelings towards other people and themselves. These are described and documented in the list below:
- Increased sociability and the feeling that communication is easier and more natural.
- Increased urge to communicate or express one's affectionate feelings towards others, even if they happen to be strangers.
- Increased feelings of empathy, love, and connection with others.
- Increased motivation to resolve social conflicts and improve interpersonal relationships.
- Decreased negative emotions and mental states such as stress, anxiety, fear, and paranoia.
- Decreased insecurity, defensiveness, and fear of emotional injury or lack of acceptance from others.
- Decreased irritability, aggression, anger, and jealousy.
The experience of this effect is often amplified and maintained by other accompanying cognitive effects such as stimulation, motivation enhancement, personal bias suppression, and thought acceleration. It is primarily induced by substances of the entactogen class, with MDMA being the archetypal example. However, it is also induced by other stimulant, psychedelic, and depressant compounds such as 6-APB, 4-FA, 2C-B, GHB, and MDAI.
Compounds which may cause this effect commonly include:
1,4-Butanediol, 25B-NBOH, 25C-NBOH, 25C-NBOMe, 25D-NBOMe, 25I-NBOH, 25I-NBOMe, 25N-NBOMe, 2C-B, 2C-B-FLY, 2C-C, 2C-E, 2C-I, 3-FEA, 3-MMC, 3C-E, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-AcO-DiPT, 4-FA, 4-FMA, 4F-EPH, 5-APB, 5-MAPB, 5-MeO-MiPT, 6-APB, 6-APDB, Alcohol, Aniracetam, Ayahuasca, Bromo-DragonFLY, Butylone, DOB, DOC, DOI, DOM, Ephenidine, Ethylone, Ethylphenidate, F-Phenibut, GBL, GHB, MDA, MDAI, MDEA, MDMA, MDPV, MET, Mephedrone, Mescaline, Methamphetamine, Methylone, NEP, Phenibut, Pregabalin, Psilocin, Psilocybin mushrooms, TMA-2, TMA-6, Tramadol, ΑMT
- Cognitive effects
- Emotionality suppression
- Increased sense of humor
Documentation written by Josie Kins