I have decided to develop a standardized methodology for documenting the subjective effects of individual psychoactive substances in a manner which allows me to produce consistent and highly detailed articles. Although I have already written many articles which attempt to do this over the past several years, I have realized that my methodology was not consistent and that these substances could, therefore, do with being revisited.
To help me with this project, I have devised an automated subjective effect tracker form which can be used to easily log the individual effect components I am experiencing, as well as their style variations, and level of intensity. It will be used to collect, compare and present data that will later prove useful for this project.
Alongside this, I will use the following guidelines during each of my hallucinogenic experiences:
- Ensure that you are familiar with subjective effect index terminology to the greatest extent possible.
- Ideally, take substance at threshold, light, common, strong, and heavy dosages on separate occasions. If not enough of the compound is available to do so, prioritize a heavy dosage.
- Decide on a relatively consistent setting that will be used between substances. For example, at home with music and roommate or alone in a bedroom.
- Avoid taking other drugs which could influence the effects in any way. If you are on a required medication, please note this down in your subjective effect tracker form.
- Fill out subjective effect tracker both while on the substance (so nothing is forgotten) and in retrospect (so nothing was missed).
- While on the substance, take periodic notes or voice recordings as the effects change.
- When off the substance, expand upon these notes to write up a detailed trip report with extensive qualitative commentary.
- Compile all of the collected data into an article that follows a consistent format.
I will likely prioritize the documentation of a combination of classical hallucinogens and compounds which are currently popular and available via clearnet research chemicals vendors. These substances are listed below:
- RC's: AL-LAD, ALD-52, 1P-LSD, 2C-B-Fly, 2C-C, 2C-D, 2C-E, 2C-P, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-MiPT, 5-MeO-DMT, DPT, DOC, 3-HO-PCP, 3-MeO-PCE, 3-MeO-PCP, Deschloroketamine, O-PCE
- Classicals: LSD, mushrooms, DMT, Ayahuasca, mescaline, 5-MeO-MiPT, 2C-B, Ketamine, DXM, DPH, MDMA, LSA, Nutmeg, Salvia
With each psychedelic experience I undergo, I will be sure to post the documentation here in the form of both a trip report and the subjective effect tracker data. These reports will later be used to write comprehensive articles on a wide variety of substances.
I am very excited about this project and intend to start immediately.
Thanks for reading.